Jun 26, 2012

Macedonian Zucchini Burger Recipe

Just a week ago, my grandfather was complaining that there were no zucchini and that he wanted to pull up the plants because they were taking up so much space and not producing any fruit.  Well, one week later look what happened.


I started with 11, but I gave away 5 and used one for dinner, and this is what's left.  That tiny little dot is a quarter. All from only 4 plants.  I don't understand how they can grow this fast, especially when last week they were only flowers.  

Anyways, I discovered a new way to cook them, zucchini burgers.  They are so good, and great for a non-meat meal.  I made them tonight and my family loved them.




Serves 4 people.

Ingredients:
  • 800 grams zucchini
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 bunch of parsley
  • 2 heaping spoons of flour
  • ground black pepper
  • 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
Preparation:
1.  Wash, peel, and grate zucchini.  Add salt and leave for a few minutes and then drain the water.  (It helps if you squeeze them out by hand).
2.  Finely chop onion and parsley, add to grated zucchini.  Add flour, eggs, black pepper, and
bread crumbs.  Mix well and make small burgers. (I find that if you shape them into balls first and then press them down once they are in the pan, it helps keep the mixture from separating.)
3.  Fry in preheated oil.

Enjoy!!

1 comment: